SQL Server Audits
Are You at Risk - Or Leaving Money on the Table?
Audits help you avoid costly mistakes, problems, or pitfalls that can result in lost:
- customer confidence
What Are SQL Server Audits?
SQL Server Audits are a cross between a Report-Card and a Tune-Up.
Auditing and Diagnostic
Audits identify which aspects of your SQL Server need help and provide you with the guidance and understanding needed to remedy those problems against your own, unique, environment and business needs.
Audits include the option to address common configuration and maintenance tasks if needed - so you'll be ensured that critical tasks like backups, index and statistics maintenance, as well as fundamental alerts and monitoring are in place.
The Findings Document
Audits are only valuable if you can make sense of the findings.
Which is why every audit performed by SQL Server Audits is accompanied with a comprehensive Findings Document that provides clear, concise, information that's tailored to your environment - showing you what you need to know, why it's important, and what your options are for addressing any potential concerns or shortcomings.
The Findings Document presents a very clear roadmap that will take your current SQL Server implementation from where it to a best practices deployment that adheres to Industry Best Practices for Security, Manageability, Performance, Recoverability, and Extensibility.
Sample Findings Documents
The Findings Documents listed below are actual findings documents furnished to real clients - that have had any confidential or identifying information removed or <scrubbed out> to ensure confidentiality.
Starting at just $1,500
Standard SQL Server Audits* cost $1,500 .
Among other things, standard audits evaluate the following core considerations:
- Server Installation and Configuration Checks
- Workload Analysis and Hardware Capacity Checks
- Security Validation and Target Hardening Checks
- Backups and Disaster Recovery Verification
- Maintenance and Monitoring Analysis
- Schema and Code Analysis of User Databases
- Index Analysis and Performance Evaluations
Once analysis and the findings document are complete, each audit includes a follow-up meeting to discuss the findings document, review any potential issues or problems and make sure that everything in the findings document is clearly understood.
As part of the Tune-up portion of each audit, the following tasks will be configured and implemented as needed (and as approved or defined together as part of the follow-up meeting):
- Setup of Best Practices for Regular and Dependable Backups
- Rudimentary Security Hardening
- Setup of Regular Index Maintenance and Statistics Updates
- Setup of Basic Monitoring and Alerting for Critical Errors and Problems
Get Started Today
Contact SQL Server Audits today to learn more about audits and check on availability.
* Standard Audits include up to 10 hours of effort and typically include evaluation of one server and up to 10 distinct user databases. Additional servers and/or databases can be added as needed - with a corresponding increase in audit scope/cost.