SQL Server Audits and Health Checks
Are You At Risk? Are You Leaving Money on the Table?
Audits help ensure that you're taking full advantage of SQL Server. They also help you avoid costly mistakes that might leave you exposed to security threats or which might erode customer confidence.
What are SQL Server Audits?
SQL Server Audits are a bit like a cross between a Report Card and a Tune-up.
Auditing and Diagnostics
Audits identify which aspects of your SQL Server need help and provide you with the guidance and understanding needed to remedy those problems against your own, unique, environment and business needs.
Audits include the option to address common configuration and maintenance tasks if needed - which ensure that critical tasks like backups, index and statistics maintenance, as well as fundamental alerts and monitoring are in place.
The Findings Document
Audits are only valuable if you can make sense of the findings.
Every audit performed by SQL Server Audits is accompanied with a comprehensive Findings Document that provides clear, concise, information tailored to your environment - showing you what you need to know, why it's important, and what your options are for addressing any potential concerns or shortcomings.
The Findings Document presents a very clear roadmap that will take your current SQL Server implementation from where it to a best practices deployment that adheres to Industry Best Practices for Security, Manageability, Performance, Recoverability, and Extensibility.
Starting at just $2,000*
Standard SQL Server Audits start at $2,000*.
Among other things, standard audits evaluate the following core considerations:
- Server Installation and Configuration Checks
- Workload Analysis and Hardware Capacity Checks
- Security Validation and Target Hardening Checks
- Backups and Disaster Recovery Verification
- Maintenance and Monitoring Analysis
- Schema and Code Analysis of User Databases
- Index Analysis and Performance Evaluations
Once analysis and the findings document are complete, each audit includes a follow-up meeting to discuss the findings document, review any potential issues or problems and make sure that everything in the findings document is clearly understood.
As part of the Tune-up portion of each audit, the following tasks will be configured and implemented as needed (and as approved or defined together as part of the follow-up meeting):
- Setup of Best Practices for Regular and Dependable Backups
- Rudimentary Security Hardening
- Setup of Regular Index Maintenance and Statistics Updates
- Setup of Basic Monitoring and Alerting for Critical Errors and Problems
* Standard Audits include up to 10 hours of effort and typically include evaluation of one server and up to 5 distinct user databases. Additional servers and/or databases can be added as needed - with a corresponding increase in audit scope/cost.
Schedule a free initial consultation.